Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In my 45 years of life, I've had many roles.  I've learned that life is a journey, not a destination, and that you have to make the most of every day you're given.  I have learned to expect the unexpected and to embrace reality, not fantasy.  Over the years I have carped a lot of deim and hope to continue to live that way. 

In spite of all of that, I find myself angry and in fighting stance over my latest curveball.  As the parent of a recently diagnosed Type 1 Diabetic, I am learning that there is a whole new world to navigate and it won't be denied. There is no " hold -up, wait a minute" where T1D is concerned. There is simply go time. 

My goal with SugarMama is to share the journey from a mom's perspective, as I try to anchor my daughter as she faces off with the diagnosis that impacts her but won't define her.  I hope to share our fears, our victories, our struggles, our anger, the knowledge we gain and occasionally the sick sense of humor that inevitably develops when someone you love has a dead pancreas.  


No comments:

Post a Comment